Acoustic Hour Radio and Web show

The live Radio show has been on the air for over 4 years. In that short time, we have interviewed and featured artists and musicians from around the country. Some of the most creative, talented and dynamic guests have come though our doors at the Renda Broadcast Station in Indiana PA. Tune in Sunday Mornings 9-10AM on AM110WCCS.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

IUP Symphony Orchestra

Last night (December 6, 2006 Gorell Recital Hall) I took the opportunity to go and see the IUP Symphony. I can't recall the last time that I had done that, but it had been quite a while.
That night, Dr.Stanley Chepaitis, directed the Symphony as they presented "The All Hayda Symphony Program. They even featured commentary and Insights from Dr. Matthew Baumer.
Needless to say, It was a wonderful event. I enjoy stringed instruments, and the Orchestra sounded splendid. Dr. Chepaitis did an outstanding job directing the symphony. I guess they don't use the little wand thingy anymore.
Coming from someone who just loves music and story, I was able to follow along with the various movements. (That's what they call the sections)
Dr. Matthew's Baumer's comments put the audience right back in the time the pieces were written. I had never heard anyone do that before or during a concert. It added cool layers.
Listening to the Orchestra, I got to thinking about all the movies, cartoons, TV programs, and plays that I have experienced growing up. They have all featured symphony music in one way or another. Therein, is the rub.. That's why it's so familiar. At least the music is.
I know that alot of hard work and talent goes into putting on events like this one. Even the student playing the triangle played a key role.
Amazing.
Great job all around folks. Thanks for a wonderful musical evening.

If you've thought about going to see the Symphony or want more information, you can go to here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home