Acoustic Hour Radio and Web show

The live Radio show has been on the air for over 4 years. In that short time, we have interviewed and featured artists and musicians from around the country. Some of the most creative, talented and dynamic guests have come though our doors at the Renda Broadcast Station in Indiana PA. Tune in Sunday Mornings 9-10AM on AM110WCCS.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Blacklick, Indiana County


I was invited to play at an outdoor event Saturday October 1st in Blacklick. The day started out cloudy and rainy. It was also a bit cold. I was wondering if the event was even going to go on as scheduled. Well, I packed up my gear and headed down to Blacklick. When I finally found the park, which is not hard to find, I was greeted by very friendly people. They even gave me my own parking area right next to the food and entertainment area. That's cool with me, I really hate lugging PA equipotent long distances.

It had been a few years since I played in Blacklick. I had a wonderful time then, and I was really looking forward to playing again. Anyways, it got a bit but the show had to go on. Despite the weather, the folks of Blacklick came out. It was nice crowd. There were 50/50 drawings and prizes and lots of Food. And folks it was all free. That's right. It was free. You can't beat that.
My shows are interactive.. I love getting the audience involved. It was cool that some of the request made, I knew the songs... My rule is, I'll play the request..if I know it, if I don't they have to sing. I know that's risky,,but it's fun. We even had one of our representing sing " Brown Eyed Girl" with me..
Later in the afternoon, a couple of buddies of mine Alex and Kaleb kept the music playing. All in all, a great day and wouldn't you know it... the sun started to shine as the event came to a close.

Hat's off to all the Staffmembers and residents of Blacklick for planning, organizing and holding this event. I hope that we get invited back, cause it's a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home