Acoustic Hour Radio and Web show

The live Radio show has been on the air for over 4 years. In that short time, we have interviewed and featured artists and musicians from around the country. Some of the most creative, talented and dynamic guests have come though our doors at the Renda Broadcast Station in Indiana PA. Tune in Sunday Mornings 9-10AM on AM110WCCS.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Folk Fest Team Predator and rain

The FolkFest Weekend is over. For me, it was a weekend of first. First I backed up Tim Dabbs on Drums on Friday evening. We had a nice show. He' really loved the "Ken doll" gift. The rain didn't keep the people away. We had a nice crowd and just like last year, it was a privilage to play great music for the Johnstown crowd. Oh and another cool thing was that we were able to get homecooked meals. It was part of the package for entertainers. I also got the chance to meet some new cool artists and musicians, many of which I invited to come on the show.
On Saturday, I played at the Cambria Community Center in Westmont for 3 hours. I invited my buddy Alex (young folk singer) to come along. Doug of (Crosswinds) even showed up and played a tune.
I had a wonderful time in Westmont. Again, the rain didn't stop people from coming out...
Then on Sunday I played at the Ethnic Festival in Johnstown. This was cool as well, but I have to say that when I arrived back to Johnstown, I didn't have my guitars. I had left them back at home. Don't you just hate that? Anways... the audience seemed to enjoy the music and I gave away a few CDs. I want to thank Tim for allowing me to use his guitar. Then back to Folkfest for some more music and food. Ryan(Tim Dabbs Son) and Mitch( Tim's nephew) also stopped by the CMT Van and got our pictures taken. All and all a great weekend, of Fun, Friends, Music and Food...
One last thing and probably most importantly.. I got back to Indiana in time to see "Team Preadtor" This was the film shown at the Indiana Theatre this weekend. I had heard about it but this was my first time seeing it. During my shows, I often say a few words of praise and sing a few songs to say thanks to our troops.
It was powerful and raw. I couldn't help seeing out young the solders looked. It really gave you in close up and real picture of what these brave solders deal with everyday. Pastor Randal Mccaully spoke afterwards and sang a tribute song for all veterans. It was tough to watch....but that's nothing compared to living it. Thanks to JD Varner for getting it to the big screen in Indiana County. I do hope that Shawn(the films producer) continues to let the world see this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home