Acoustic Hour Radio and Web show

The live Radio show has been on the air for over 4 years. In that short time, we have interviewed and featured artists and musicians from around the country. Some of the most creative, talented and dynamic guests have come though our doors at the Renda Broadcast Station in Indiana PA. Tune in Sunday Mornings 9-10AM on AM110WCCS.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Lost in America Bill Deasy

Bill Deasy is one of this regions finest singer songwriters. I became a fan of his shortly after the release of The Gathering Field's Lost In America CD. I had purchased it back then and had since lost it, so I thought.

The other day while shuffling through some old CD boxes, I found it.. It was brand new again.. I put in in my Car CD player there is was ...Ray Defade on drums Dave Brown on electric guitar Jim Dispirito on tambourine, Eric Riebling on bass and Bill Deasy singing Lost In America. You know the feeling when you play a great tune, and then hear it again after a very long period of time, ..oh you know the feeling!

Alot has happened since becoming a Bill Deasy/Gathering Field Fan,. I met and became friends with Chuck Olson who is also an oustanding singer and lover of music and art. He's lives in Indiana with his family and teaches Art at St. Francis University. He facilitates tthe Cafe' Voltare. It's a coffee house type event when local and regional artists can perform on stage live for the students. This is when I got my first opportunity to open for Bill Deasy.

I took my buddy Barry Little (Brian Miller and Tanoma Road lead guitarist) with me and we had an awesome time. I had the please of having Bill on the Acoustic Hour Radio show(via Phone) He was a cool guest and an an even cooler person to finally meet.
During my shows, I perform Bill Deasy tunes. The audience responses to "Dyland Thomas Day's has always been cool. I recently performed at the MAATI (Mid Atlantic Addiction Training Inistute)luncheon at IUP and that song was so appropriate. "My Dyland Thomas Days are finally over"! Maybe they should adopt that song...humm!

Anyway, Bill Deasy has a long musical history with Indiana Country and this region. He's a regular at Club Cafe in Pittsburgh and has a very active following according to his website message board.

I've always believed that this region has some of the best talent in the Country. Bill Deasy is an example of that and I'm glad that I found my lost CD.
"Smoke on the railroad track, Dogs in the Moonlight..I have to get back to my new old CD........." Keep the music playing Bill. Tune in to the Acostic Hour Radio show and you'll hear Bill music. Make it a point to check him out when he's in concert.

Thanks for listening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home